With a new moon approaching, let’s explore ways you can harness this powerful energy within your business. The new moon energy lasts about 3 days so...
The Art of Authentic Marketing
Show up authentically and honestly across all of your marketing touch points.
Marketing. It’s a word that brings up an ‘icky’ feeling in most complementary therapy practitioners. Often it’s associated with pushy sales, inauthentic strategies and a loud resounding “I don’t want to do it”. But as you know, everything is energy. Marketing is much the same. The energy and intention you put behind your marketing strategy matters. Because at the end of the day, if no one knows you exist you can’t truly be of service, live your purpose and thrive in your business.
There’s a way you can market yourself that doesn’t see you having to compromise on your values. In fact, your values can be your biggest asset when it comes to marketing! It’s called Authentic Marketing and it’s totally a thing!
Consumers on the whole are getting more and more savvy. Most people are able to see through the smoke and mirrors of fancy marketing tactics and are very aware of when they are being sold to and how that makes them feel. This is a great thing for you! As a heart centered business owner you’re able to use your values and big beautiful heart to your advantage to show up authentically and honestly across all of your marketing touch points.
So, how do you market authentically?
1. Get clear on your why
“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it,” Simon Sinek. One of the most profound and popular marketing strategist quotes of all time. It’s a philosophy you can use to help inform your marketing strategy. From the why emerges the how and what. Spend time to get clear on WHY you do what you do and then allow that to filter through your marketing touch points.
- Write a WHY statement and feature it on your website
- Share your WHY in your social media bio
- Send a newsletter sharing WHY you do what you do to inspire and educate your clients on the beliefs behind the brand / practitioner they love
- Share your WHY as a social media post. This could be written or in video form. People love to hear your passion for WHY you do what you do.
- Allow your WHY to permeate everything you put out to the world. If it doesn’t, it means it’s not in alignment with where you are at right now.
- Take time out of your day to meditate or do some sort of practice that makes you feel connected and clear
- Grab a piece of paper and write down a list of values. As many as come to you in the moment (hint: if you’re having trouble thinking of values you can google a list of common values for inspiration)
- From that list, circle 3 values that resonate the most deeply with you in that moment.
- Remember, your values will change over time so give this process a go every 3-6 months as a way to check in with how you’re showing up
- Write down your own personal definition of that value (don’t google this part!)
- Use this list of values across all of your marketing channels. For example, if you value honesty, write a post or blog about honesty, what it means to you and how you live it in your everyday life.
IICT is a professional industry body that provides membership, access to insurance, resources, tools, and support to grow your complementary therapy practice. Join IICT here or visit www.myiict.com to learn more about becoming a member and receiving professional industry support and credibility, no matter where you are on your journey.
Article written by: Emma Maidment
About the Author: