Must-Read 2018 Reiki Marketing Guide: Make 2018 your Best Year Ever
If you want to attract more clients to your Reiki practice you need a solid marketing strategy. You need to educate new clients about the benefits of Reiki and remind existing clients to return for more sessions.
To grow your business, you need to take action on multiple fronts while maintaining your focus. The following are some of the most important Reiki marketing techniques to help you attract more clients and grow your practice.
Since Reiki is, literally, a hands-on process, you want to connect with people in your community who are potential clients. You can do this in a number of ways.
- Volunteer: A great way to meet people, practice your art, and spread the word about your business is to volunteer your services at local hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, or anywhere that people can benefit from stress relief or healing.
- Participate in (or organise) Local Events: Set up a booth at a natural health or fitness event. Set up a local MeetUp. Speak at a library or community centre.
- Talk to the Media: Send out press releases about your opening, re-opening, or any event in which you take part. Offer to appear on local radio and television programmes. Write an article about Reiki or about health and healing tips for a local publication.
- Network: Tell everyone you know and meet about your practice. Hand out business cards. Attend business events and community events in your area.
Your Website and Blog
Your website is an essential branding tool. Using SEO (search engine optimisation), you make it easier for potential clients to find you. Keep these guidelines in mind as you build your website.
- Post NAP Info: NAP stands for Name, Address, and Phone. This information is important for attracting clients and also for SEO. Also post important info such as your hours and prices.
- Make it Easy to Book Sessions: Give people a choice between calling you for an appointment or booking directly from your website.
- Focus on Local SEO: You want to be sure to use local terms throughout your website such as "Sydney Reiki" or whatever local terms are relevant to you.
- Use Keywords: Think of keywords that your clients might use to search for help. Keep in mind that not everyone is familiar with Reiki so you should also use keywords for specific issues such as "relaxation," "pain relief," "insomnia relief," or any areas in which you specialise. You might also include keywords for alternative healing modalities such as massage, chiropractic, Alexander technique, etc. Even if you don't practice these techniques, potential clients who are searching for such terms might consider Reiki as an alternative.
- Blog Regularly: Blogging is one of the best things you can do for SEO, building your authority, and educating the public about Reiki. There are endless blog topics such as how Reiki can be used to treat various ailments. You can also share more generic health and lifestyle tips. Remember, everyone who sees your blog posts is on your website and has the opportunity to learn about your practice.
- Post Testimonials: Getting customer testimonials is a powerful way to attract new clients. Don't hesitate to ask satisfied clients to write reviews.
As more and more people use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media, you can't afford to overlook this powerful way of reaching your audience. Social media is great for staying in touch with existing clients as well as attracting new ones. You can use both organic methods and social media advertising. Here are some ideas for using various social media sites.
- Facebook: A Facebook Page is a basic marketing necessity. Post regular updates. Join Facebook groups related to healing, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle. Promote your organic content with Facebook ads, targeting people in your area who are likely customers.
- Twitter: In addition to tweeting every day, follow influencers in niches such as natural health, fitness, and self-improvement. Tweet links to your blog posts.
- Instagram: Instagram is good for displaying photos, infographics, and short videos.
- Pinterest: Another visual social site that you can use to drive traffic to your website.
While a website, blog, and social media are all essential for connecting with your audience, email has some unique benefits of its own. With an email list, you're completely in control and not dependent on any third party sites. You never know when Google or Facebook are going to change their algorithms, making it harder for people to see your content. With your own email list, however, you can contact people whenever you want.
You can encourage your website visitors, social media followers, and clients who you meet in person to sign up for your list. It's helpful to have a lead magnet such as a report or e-book to get online signups. You can also have a signup sheet for people to sign up in your office. With a newsletter or even brief messages, you can provide helpful tips, send traffic to your website, promote specials, and remind clients you haven't seen in a while to come back for a session.
The Importance of Social Proof
Social proof in the form of testimonials and reviews is important to any business but especially in a healing profession. We already mentioned posting testimonials on your website. It's also helpful if your practice has lots of positive reviews that are visible when people find you online.
- Make sure you Claim your Business on Google My Business: In addition to helping you with local SEO, this allows people to leave reviews which are visible in the search listings.
- Activate Listings: Add your listing to Yelp, Yellow Pages, and any directories where people can leave reviews.
- Ask your Customers to Write Reviews: Link to review sites on your website and social media pages as well as in your emails. Post reminders to leave reviews in your office and printed literature.
- Word-of-Mouth: Aside from reviews, word-of-mouth is a powerful way to attract new clients. Remind people to recommend you to their friends.
Other Marketing Strategies
The above are some of the essential Reiki marketing techniques to help you stay in touch with your clients and attract new ones. There are, however, quite a few other possibilities as well, such as:
- Videos: There are many ways to market your business using video. You might explain the fundamentals of Reiki and how it's used to treat various conditions. Short videos on Instagram are good for saying "hello" to your followers and sharing quick tips. Live streaming video such as Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and YouTube Live let you interact with people in real time.
- Webinars: There are now many simple and affordable webinar services and software that let you present information and talk to people live. You might interview guests or give your own solo presentations. Record your webinars and turn them into videos.
- Podcasts: If you record podcasts, people can listen to them at their own leisure. Podcasts can also be converted into videos.
- Self-Publishing: Publishing your own e-book is a powerful way to build your reputation as an authority.
Consistency and Testing: the Key to Success
For most Reiki business owners, the challenge is to implement a marketing plan with consistency. For this you need a schedule for tasks such as posting to your blog and social media sites, sending out emails, paid advertising, and any other tactics that you employ. If you break your marketing plan into specific tasks that you place on your calendar, you'll find it easier to get everything done and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
At some point, you might consider outsourcing certain tasks. You can do this now if it's appropriate. You can hire people for just about anything from designing a website to writing blog posts to managing your social media. Before you outsource, however, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want. For tasks such as writing and creating ads it's often best to start doing it yourself so you know what to ask of others.
It's also essential to track and test your results. You want to know which social media sites are giving you the best results, which email topics produce the most engagement, which blog posts your readers like best, and which ads give you the best results. Google Analytics provides many free tools to track both organic and paid marketing campaigns.
Marketing your Reiki practice takes a focused and consistent approach. Take it one step at a time and set both short and long-term goals. If you stick with it you'll find that the methods outlined here will gradually help you grow your Reiki business.